"97 Years of Relentless Journey Towards Engineering Advancement For Nation Building"

The Institution of Engineers (India) was established at Calcutta in 1920 and was incorporated by Royal Charter in1935 .Odisha state centre of The Institution of Engineers(India) was established at Burla on 22nd February ,1959 with 86 corporate members and 245 non corporate members. The then chief minister ,Orissa, Dr Harekrushna Mahtab formally inaugurated its first session at Burla on 26th July 1959.the state centre first started functioning in the premises of burla engineering college (University college of engineering ,Burla (autonomous)under Sambalpur University ,the oldest and premier engineering college of Orissa ,founded on the 12th august,1956 under Utkal University).

The first chairman Honorary Secretary and Honorary Joint Secretary of the state centre were Rai Bahadur M s Thirumale Lyengar respectively. Since that memorable day of 22nd February,1959 there is no looking back the honor of becoming the first corporate members from Orissa goes to Sri G P Roy(M 855).

The headquarter of the state centre was then shifted to 3A,Cantonment Road, Cuttack, the official residence of Shri Sadananda Padhi, Honorary Secretary. Initiative was taken to arrange land at Bhubaneswar and shift the headquarter to State Capital. The State Government of Orissa was pleased to allot 1.46 acres of land to the Institution of Engineers(India) on 20th August ,1966 where the foundation stone of the present building was then Governor of Orissa on 24th February ,1963.The building was completed on 30th January ,1965 and was inaugurated on 15th February ,1965 by Rai Bahadur DR A N Khosla (President ,IEI-1948-1950),the then governor of Orissa .From that day, all the activities of the Orissa state centre has been conducted in the said building. now Orissa State Centre of the IEI with its four local centers at Angul, Berhampur, Rourkela and Sunabeda discharges the proactive function to enhance our skill and Knowledge.